Celebrate Pine Cove Day at Home
For most of you, this week is Spring Break. You might be thinking to yourself, “Self, with the kids out of school, what are we going to do?” That’s such a great question! And we’ve already answered it for you. Bring a day of Pine Cove home with you!
If you haven’t figured out your plans for the week, take a look at some suggestions below to make your Spring Break INCREDIBLE! (We love it!)
You can’t have a day of Pine Cove without some awesome activities! Treat the day like camp: no television, video games, cell phones, etc.
- Go outdoors and have a neighborhood scavenger hunt or bingo game. Make a list of some household or yard items that you can go around finding. Knock on doors and borrow some sugar. But don’t forget to bring it back!
- Organize a team sport for your neighbors and friends. Football, soccer, ultimate frisbee, or spikeball. This is a great time to have some fun and get to know your neighbors better.
- At night, stay inside with some board game classics like Jenga. Make it more intentional by writing questions on each piece and answer them as they are pulled out. Or, bring a little Pitch Black Attack, Recon, or Epionage home and play some capture the flag in the back yard!
- Split into two teams, find some blocks, and play a family camp classic: the block stacking game! Each team takes a turn adding a block to an increasingly perilous tower. Whoever knocks it over loses!
Don’t forget to call cheers on each other! You can’t go wrong with some of these classic Pine Cove cheers:
- Okay – Okay! Okay! Okay, okay okay! Okay! Okay! Okay, okay, okay! Oooooh kaaaaay!
- Alright – I’m alright! Don’t nobody worry ’bout me! Huh!
- Numbers – Three? Let’s count ’em! 1, 2, 3! Oosh, oo ah, boogly boogly boogly ah, and ah, and ah, and ah!
- Take a Seat – Take a seat! Take a seat! Take a load off your feet! Take a seat! Take a seat! Take a load off your feet!
Make sure you have frequent dance breaks throughout the day! Some of our favorite songs to dance to:
- “Soldiers” by Out of Eden
- “Chainsaw” by Family Force 5
- “Wobble” by Family Force 5
- “Scatman” by Scatman John
Experiencing that post-lunch slump? Make sure F.O.B. (Flat On Back) is on the schedule. Everyone needs a good afternoon nap, right?
You can’t have Pine Cove Day without a good Theme Night! This is a great time to prepare for this summer’s theme nights. We’ve done the work for you here. Don’t forget about the easy fall backs like Super Hero Night or Neon Extravaganza!
There’s no better way to end your day than with a family devotion. Our devotion from last summer, Legacy: You Leave What You Live, is a great resource for you to go through as a family. We encourage you to download this study and spend time together learning what it means to leave a legacy!
If you and your family participate in Pine Cove Day, let us know in the comments! Make sure you take photos and tag @pinecovecamps on Instagram or Twitter, or share them on our Facebook page! We’d love to see what you did.